One of the missions of the Institut d’Optique is, since its creation, the reinforcement and the perpetuation of French (and now worldwide) skills in optics and photonics.
The Institut therefore promotes research partnerships with businesses and industry and thus proactively supports innovation.
This support can take several forms :
- By a policy of industrial chairs (link new window to the Chairs tab)
- By involvement in joint laboratories with industrialists (Link new window common laboratories: page to create)
- Strong involvement in competitiveness clusters: Systematic, Alpha Routes des Lasers, Minalogic.
These partnerships take several forms :
- A contractual partnership research
- Collaborative research partnership
- An industrial convention for training through research (CIFRES theses for doctoral students)
The added value for companies of such collaborations
- A reduction of risks related to innovation
- Time saving
- Ability to innovate in connection with advanced photonics research
- Interactions with the world of start-ups, notably thanks to the entrepreneurship track and the entrepreneurial centers (lien vers pages formation par l’innovation et centres entrepreneuriaux)
- The development of new models of collaboration and a diversification of stakeholders.