The Institut d'Optique has been present in the Rhône-Alpes region since 2003. Teaching and research activities are carried out in interaction with several actors from the region in the fields of optics and industrial vision.
At the end of their first year at Palaiseau, students can choose to come to Saint-Étienne to attend specific training in
- optical design
In 2016, the Institut d'Optique became co-supervisor of the Hubert Curien laboratory, a joint research unit of the CNRS and the Jean Monnet University of Saint-Étienne.
Composed of more than 230 members, the Hubert Curien laboratory is the largest research center in Saint-Étienne whose scientific activities cover
- Optics and photonics
- Image processing
The Hubert Curien laboratory coordinates Equipex MANUTECH USD and Labex MANUTECH-SISE.
- generalist training in optical engineering
- with some specificities: optical design for imaging, colorimetry and visual rendering, lighting, solar energy, image processing using a mathematical approach
- an important place left to students' autonomy during projects
- small cohorts, close to the teaching staff
- many external stakeholders with diverse backgrounds
- proximity to other schools for a rich community life